Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One little piece of technology

Hi there, there is my 3th writting work.

Let me tell you that technology and I doesn’t are very friends, I have some pieces of technology like my cell phone or my computer, but it`s not something that really call my attention.
Anywhere, I need to speak about something, so I`m thinking to describe an unusual object that we use (the firefighters) to detect the exact place were fire is.
This object is a kind of laser thermometer, that we can keep on our hands and is very useful and easy to use. This Thermometer is new for us; we included it only few months ago to our work on structural fire and gases rescues.
We have many calls at week, so we use it regularly, and this thermometer result a key piece for our job, helping us to make our action faster (we always need to think less and to act more), time is something that we don`t have.
This laser show you the real place where the fire basement is, and you don`t have to spend time looking for it, spending water and energy. The thermometer detects the heat, and shows you the temperature in a little screen, so you can know where is hotter, and attack quickly that place.
Well, this laser is new, so our life without it …return to being like was before, spending more resources in water, time and energy that are normally scanty.


PeaceOut!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I am really impressed with you, I never thought that an architecture`s student could be something like this. Congratulations, I think that you really have to love your career and to be a fireman because I imagine that should be very hard to do the two things at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there.

    I have a big respect for firefighters, because most friends of mine that are FF are deeply passioned about it and love their work. As Daniela said,it must be very tough to complement that activity with your studies in university.

    The object you describe must be really helpful, glad to know you guys count with that kind of technology. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I thing the firefighters are very cool, `cause the work they do, they do only `cause they want, it`s a very altruistic labor, so, congratulations!

    And about your new laser tool, I thing that kind of technology is very important, `cause in nowadays all the people is thinking on the new cellphones, and other stuff, but this kind of tool let us live our life better, working with us, and for us, and as you said, let us do more, and think less, and in an emergency like a uncontroled fire that time is essencial

    ReplyDelete